What are the reasons for nervousness when doing public speaking? We teach approaches for overcoming this nervousness. Hint: It has nothing to do with imagining the audience in their underwear. Some of the things we cover in the workshop include:
- What makes a “good” presenter “great?”
- When it comes to expressiveness, how should the speaker use his/her face, eyes, hands, voice, body … all of the tools that add up to getting the message across in a way that is both engaging and memorable?
- Tools: Should the speaker use a podium? If so, how should it be used?
- How can PowerPoint be used without distracting from the message?
- How do you use a pointer?
- What about controlling the most (typically) nervousness-inducing section of all, the Q&A?
- How do you use your personal voice and your own style in being the best you can be through the use of group coaching, one-on-one coaching and individual video recording.
- How do you ensure that the presentation is both effective and fun?